Saturday, May 10, 2014

The semifinals are set

After a fantastic game to wrap up the quarterfinal round between three outstanding players (most impressive to me was the classical music category, which is probably one of my strongest J! categories, but I was struggling with those clues while the players swept them right up.), the semifinal field is set.  Chuck Forrest secured the last automatic spot in the semis with his win, and Colby Burnett grabbed the last wild-card spot with his conservative FJ wager.  My Tuesday opponent, Pam Mueller, saw her score hold up for one of the wild cards as well.

The semifinal matchups are:

So I find myself playing against two true legends of the game: Chuck Forrest, the first truly great champion in the show's history and originator of the "Forrest Bounce"; and Ken Jennings (maybe you've heard of him?)

(If you're wondering, nobody really knows how they select the semifinal matchups in these tournaments.  We can make educated guesses, but they often are somewhat puzzling.  In this case they surely wanted to keep Ken and Brad in different games so that they could potentially face off in the finals.)

How will I fare against these two greats?  Tune in on Monday!